You can control users roles and permission in WP Eventin in order to give specific access to users. You can manage your events smoothly in more secure ways. With the user’s roles permission, you can get the following advantages.
- Give specific permission to any user group or a user
- Restricting users within specific capabilities
In order to set the ‘User roles and permission’, you will need to create users and then assign the permission. We tested and set the user roles with the ‘User Role Editor‘ and ‘Adminimize‘ or ‘Admin Menu Editor‘ plugins. However, you can use other available plugins to set user roles and permission. Let’s see how can you implement it on your website.
Create user/users on your site.
Go to the WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Add New’ from the ‘Users’ menu. You will get it in the left-side menu. After that fill up all necessary details such as user name, email, first name, last name etc. Scroll down and check the ‘Role’ section. Please carefully add the role and keep notes for future use. Once you are happy, click on the bottom button, ‘Save Changes’.
Set user permission
To set user’s permission, install and activate the ‘User Role Editor’ plugin.. It will bring a new option ‘User Role Editor’ under the ‘Users’ menu. Click here and it will drive you to the permission setting page.
(01) Set Role and set the capabilities: You need to set the user type here. You can choose author, contributor, customers, editor, subscriber etc.
(02) Quick filter: put ‘etn’ to get all the options for the plugin. Then you can select the permissions that you want to assign to the users having that specific role.
(03) Update: Once you are happy, click update to get save changes.
Note: If you want to give ‘Settings permission’ then you will also need to select ‘manage_options’. Else, settings will not work properly.
Now, go to the Dashboard -> Settings -> Adminimize -> Menu options. You can control which menu option you want to give permission for showing in the user dashboard. You have to uncheck the options that you want to show to the user.
Roles Manager Output: